Home » County Recorders » Archive by category "Hinds County (MS)"

Recording a MISSISSIPPI Claim Of Lien in Hinds County

Recording construction liens in MISSISSIPPI is reserved exclusively for General Contractors, meaning you MUST be in direct contract WITH the Property Owner, or an Owner’s Agent or Representative in order to record a Claim Of Lien against the property.

On private Commercial/Existing Residential/New Residential projects General/Prime contractors have up to twelve (12) months after the invoice due date to record a MISSISSIPPI Claim Of Lien. Recently our TRADITION NOTICE SERVICES division was approached by a TEXAS based residential roofing company that was owed money on two projects within Hinds County, MS.

Claim Of Liens are recorded in the county where the construction related improvement is located with a Chancery Clerk, the county Auditor/Treasurer/Clerk of the Chancery Court. A notice must include the street address of the property. It is also helpful to include the Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN).

Fees are 11.00 total first fifteen (15) pages, $1.00 each additional page of 8-1/2″ x 11″ paper. Make checks payable to: HINDS COUNTY CHANCERY CLERK. Out-of-state business checks are accepted. Include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope. Conforming copies are not accepted or processed.

Actual Recording is fast, just one (1) business day. You can view information on their website the same day a lien is recorded. Original documents are mailed back with one (1) week after recordation.

The same details above apply to recording a Release Of Claim Of Lien in Hinds County.