TRADITION SOFTWARE, INC. was founded in 2005 in Roseville, CA by its Founder and President, Craig Altman. TRADITION SOFTWARE offers the industry standard software and online solution, PreLien2Lien, to contractors and subcontractors in the US construction industry for lien management. TRADITION LIEN SERVICE was launched in 2010, offering contractors and subcontractors in the U.S. construction industry a low cost, professional services solution for lien management.
TRADITION SOFTWARE’s headquarters is in Warrenville, IL, in the western suburbs of suburban Chicago. The company’s mission is to offer to offer superior construction lien software and services with friendly, knowledgeable customer service. We don’t do this because it is easy. Our employees do it because it benefits our customers.
Experience the Tradition.
Craig R. Altman (Founder/President) Craig founded TRADITION SOFTWARE, INC. in 2005 and TRADITION LIEN SERVICE, a Division of TRADITION SOFTWARE, INC. in 2009. He serves as the President for TRADITION SOFTWARE, INC.. His professional experience includes thirty-three (33) years of senior level sales, marketing, teaching, training and technical support experience. Companies he has previously worked for include REED BUSINESS INFORMATION, FAWCETTE TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS, DEVRY UNIVERSITY and PASE SOFTWARE.
Craig has earned B. A. degrees in Political Science from ILLINOIS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY in 1986 and Marketing from NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE in 1992. He has also done further professional development in Computer Science at SIERRA COLLEGE and COLLEGE OF DUPAGE. Craig has earned a Certificate of Completion in Strategic Leadership and Management from the UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS and currently is pursuing his MBA from the Gies School of Business at the UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS. He has also earned IT industry certifications from MICROSOFT, CISCO SYSTEMS, NOVELL, DELL and COMPTIA. Craig previously earned his Notary Public license for the State Of California and is currently a Notary Public for the state of Illinois. He has previously served for eight (8) years in both the Illinois and California Army National Guards. As a volunteer, Craig has given his time as a boys and girls Head Coach in baseball, basketball, soccer, and softball.
Jan Vit (Software Development Manager) Jan has worked for twenty (20) years in senior level IT positions in Chicago, New York and Europe. He is a External Lecturer for the UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS in Prague, where he previously earned both a Bachelors and Master’s degree in Economics and Management. He also earned an MBA from BRADLEY UNIVERSITY in 2012.
Jan’s responsibilities include managing the programming team that develops and supports PreLien2Lien (www.pl2l.com) and MyLienCenter (www.myliencenter.com), two software as a service (SaaS) websites. Additionally, he is responsible for managing our business relationship with AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS).
- The Tradition – April 2021 – Volume: 17 Number: 1 |
- The Tradition – April 2020 – Volume: 16 Number: 1 |
- The Tradition – April 2019 – Volume: 15 Number: 1 | The Tradition – April 2018 – Volume: 14 Number: 1
- The Tradition – April 2017 – Volume: 13 Number: 1 | The Tradition – April 2016 – Volume: 12 Number: 1
- The Tradition – June 2015 – Volume: 11 Number: 1 | The Tradition – June 2014 – Volume: 10 Number: 1
- The Tradition – June 2013 – Volume: 9 Number: 1 | The Tradition – July 2012 – Volume: 8 Number: 2
- The Tradition – January 2012 – Volume: 8 Number: 1 | The Tradition – January 2011 – Volume: 7 Number: 1
- The Tradition – January 2010 – Volume: 6 Number: 1 | The Tradition – January 2009 – Volume: 5 Number: 1
- The Tradition – October 2008 – Volume: 4 Number: 4 | The Tradition – July 2008 – Volume: 4 Number: 3
- The Tradition – April 2008 – Volume: 4 Number: 2 | The Tradition – January 2008 – Volume: 4 Number: 1
- The Tradition – August 2007 – Volume: 3 Number: 3 | The Tradition – April 2007 – Volume: 3 Number: 2
- The Tradition – January 2007 – Volume: 3 Number: 1 | The Tradition – June 2006 – Volume: 2 Number: 2
- The Tradition – February 2006 – Volume: 2 Number: 1 | The Tradition – September 2005 – Volume: 1 Number: 2
- The Tradition – June 2005 – Volume: 1 Number: 1
- (January 29, 2010) TRADITION SOFTWARE shows positive growth in 2009 despite economic downturn
- (January 22 , 2009) Several Significant Achievements In 2008 For TRADITION SOFTWARE
- (January 7 , 2008) Product Enhancements Focus Of 2007 For TRADITION SOFTWARE
- (October 5 , 2007) TRADITION SOFTWARE signs lease for new Headquarters in Roseville, CA
- (January 22 , 2007) Record Year For TRADITION SOFTWARE
- (October 11 , 2006) TRADITION SOFTWARE reaches separate agreements with PETTIT MANIFOLD FORMS and WALZ POSTAL SOLUTIONS for marketing certified mail solutions
- (April 1, 2006) TRADITION SOFTWARE produces record quarterly revenue resulting in profitability one year after SIERRA PHOENIX acquisition
- (April 1, 2005) Software and customer assets are acquired from SIERRA PHOENIX
TRADITION SOFTWARE offers a professional work environment where hard working, productive employees can realize company paid benefits, generous compensation (quarterly bonuses, annual profit sharing) and excellent employee advancement and development opportunities. TRADITION SOFTWARE is an equal opportunity employer. All prospective employees must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check.
College Intern – Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Assisting on inbound Level 1 Customer Service and Technical Support calls for all TRADITION SOFTWARE products and services.
– Assisting on all website monitoring (AWS)
– Assisting on all internal IT support
– Assisting on data entry and updates into company database of all activity with current customers and sales prospects.
– Assisting on contacting current software customers and update status reports.
– Assisting on preparation of daily reports for internet advertising campaigns.
– Assisting on preparation of software bug reports.
– Customer order tracking and notification
– Other tasks as assigned by management
Part-time position hourly rate is $16/hour. Qualified candidates should have a minimum of two years college coursework completed.